Word of the Day
Sunday, March 11, 2018
Sunday, March 11, 2018
Life is Better at Grace Central where Darius Brooks is the Senior Pastor. This Sunday 1st Lady Deborah Brooks taught an awesome word coming from Proverbs 16:5 and 8, I Peter 5:5-8 and Proverbs 6:16-19.
Topic: “I Want to be a Builder, Not a Buster!”
1st Lady Brooks shared:
There are things in life that either Build up or Bust up our power, our strength, our fellowship with God and with others.
The Builder is Humility. The Buster is Pride.
Part of the problem with pride is that it is easy to see in Other people, but hard to see in Ourselves.
It's a strong possibility you are operating in pride if you are displaying the following SYMPTOMS;
1. You have a spotty prayer for your life,
2. You are weary,
3. You are angry,
4. You are always critical.
5. You take credit for success accomplishment or financial prosperity rather than realizing that you only have these things due to God's mercy and gracious provision.
6. You are impatient. You don’t want to listen, wait, serve or be led by someone else.
7. You compare.
8. You play the blame game.
9. You are stubborn.
10. You choose to exclude GOD.
Pride hurts us in 4 ways.
1. Opens door to other sins
2. Prevents us from personally growing.
3. Poisons our relationships.
4. It makes growing a relationship with GOD impossible.
The 411 on Humility
“humility” has often given a bad rap.
people are often thought of as doormats and people with self-esteem problems.
not Biblical humility.
people are not people who are always putting themselves down.
people don’t have inferiority complexes. They are not weaklings.
contrary, humble people are strong—secure in who God made them.
In fact, humility is the mark of emotionally HEALTHY people.
pride is the mark of emotionally INSECURE people.
not about convincing ourselves that we are unattractive or that we are
about beating ourselves up or trying to make ourselves into nothing.
to do with a kind of submitted willingness;
It is not
thinking less OF yourself, it is a controlled strength.
2 basic ways to beat pride
1. Always give GOD the glory!
2. Embrace humility.
* Food Pantry, will be open on Tuesday, March 13th, 2018 from 5pm-7pm
* Life Application class, Tuesday, March 13th, 2018 from 7 - 8:00 p.m.
* Palm Sunday, March 25th
* Food Basket give away, Tuesday, March 27th
* Good Friday Service, March 30th
* Easter Sunday, April 1
* Church Anniversary service, April 3, April 10, April 17, April 24.
* Church Anniversary banquet, April 21st at 6:00 p.m.
* Youth Sunday, April 29
* Pastor Brooks Birthday, April 30
We welcome you and your family with open arms each and every Sunday at 10:30 a.m. at 10216 S. Kitchener St in Westchester, IL to hear an awesome word from Senior Pastor Darius Brooks so that you too can experience that:
" Life is Better at Grace Central"
And always remember:
" What I don't win with, I learn from, but I never lose." (Senior Pastor Darius Brooks)